Pimples all over back after waxing. How to overcome this problem?

Question
I waxed my back and have started getting small pimples all over with out the pus . There is a slight irritation on my back like prickly heat boil . I used lacto calamine it reduces a bit and comes back again.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue calamine and start CLINDAC

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

The lesions you have is due to folliculitis. This is very common after procedures like waxing.

Continue applying Calamine lotion in the mornings. Apply CLINDAC ointment in the nights to prevent them from getting infected and pus filled.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Pimples all over back after waxing. How to overcome this problem? 23 hours later
how many days will this take time to heal. will there be scars. what is the best way to remove unwanted hair

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use a better brand of wax. specifically herbal

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

It may take around a week for the lesions to go away completely.

There may not be scars.

Opt for herbal waxing this has lesser quantity of mineral oil which could be the culprit.