Pimp swollen pimples on shoulders post an encounter. What could the cause be?

Dermatologist
Question
I had small pink pimples prominently swollen on my shoulders post a sex session with a girl..(i.e next day morning).. whts the cause..is it worrying or skin alergy.. ? Later they disappred and left XXXXXXX but when there swoleen were very pain full upon touching.., later post few months.. i got close with girl.. we never had oral or any sex, just physical intimacy..in last few days..now she reported similar pimples on her thigs.., now i dont have any pimples Please help me..
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for writing.

You had pink lesions over your shoulder. They suggest a simple bacterial infection or infected acne or a viral infection known as molluscum. Most of sexually transmitted diseases occur on or near genital area. It does not seem to be a condition to be worried about. So, relax.

Since your partner has developed similar lesions on thigh, there may be a possibility that you both are suffering from molluscum. It spreads by skin to skin contact. It can be also spread by sharing towels or clothes. This can be confirmed only by an examination.

You have a feature to upload the image of the lesion by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can also send them to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'Attn:Dr. R.G. Joshi'.

Since you have no active lesions at present, you do not require any treatment. Ask her not to squeeze them. It will be better you both consult a dermatologist and get treatment.

I hope this can solve your query. In case you have any concerns, I will be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Pimp swollen pimples on shoulders post an encounter. What could the cause be? 16 hours later
Dear sir, i have uploaded image of related to my partner, these rash are on the right thig. Please review and provide your feed back.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for sending photograph.

Lesions are mostly suggestive of molluscum.It is a viral infection as we already discussed.

It is self-limiting disorder but takes near about 6 months to cure. New lesions tend to appear if treatment is not taken.

You can ask her to apply immiquad cream .It is available in sachets. It is to be used twice or thrice weekly.Small amount is applied over lesions at night and washed after 4 hours. Slight irritation will occur, but it will subside after some time.
Treatment by this method will take 4 to 6 weeks for complete response. New lesions tend to occur during treatment but they will subside. If you want faster results then there are some surgical methods available like cautery,cryosurgery,phenol and T.C.A.application. Many dermatologists routinely perform these procedures in their O.P.D. All these procedures can be done under local anesthesia. These methods will produce faster results. Only 1 or 2 sittings will be required.

Ask her not to squeeze lesions. It will be better if you both will not be involved in any physical intimacy until complete cure. Do not share towels,clothes of each other. Avoid swimming also.
It will be better if both of you get your immune status checked.
I hope this can solve your query. If you have still any clarifications please let me know.

Follow-up: Pimp swollen pimples on shoulders post an encounter. What could the cause be? 2 hours later
Ok, my last question ..It will be better if both of you get your immune status checked. - what kind of tests should we undergo...

Thanks

Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 24 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for sending photograph.

Lesions are mostly suggestive of molluscum. It is a viral infection as we already discussed.

It is self limiting disorder but takes near about 6 months to cure. New lesions tend to appear if treatment is not taken.

You can ask her to apply imiquimod (Iquimad is a brand name for it) cream. It is available in sachets. It is to be used twice or thrice weekly. Small amount is applied over lesions at night and washed after 4 hours. Slight irritation will occur, but it will subside after some time. Treatment by this method will take 4 to 6 weeks for complete response. New lesions tend to occur during treatment but they will subside with treatment.

If you want faster results then there are some surgical methods available like cautery, cryosurgery, phenol and T.C.A. application. Many dermatologists routinely perform these procedures in their O.P.D. All these procedures can be done under local anesthesia. These methods will produce faster results. Only 1 or 2 sittings will be required.

Ask her not to squeeze lesions. It will be better if you both will not be involved in any physical intimacy till complete cure. Do not share towels,clothes of each other. Avoid swimming also. It will be better if both of you gets your immune status checked.

Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 6 hours later
Hi ,

Well tests for immune status in your case means test for H.I.V. Any of skin disease if occurring after sexual exposure, H.I.V.testing is done as a routine.So please do not take it otherwise.This is just a routine proforma.

I hope you have taken enough precaution for H.I.V.already ,but still it will be better for both of you to undergo the testing.