Pigmented spots on the shaft of penis, swollen and hurts. Had oral sex once. What could be the cause?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
i have on the shaft of my penis , like iperpigmented . spot , hurts when i touch it a littile bit swallen . i am worried . i am a med student . i j had just one sexual interaction (it was just oral sex (done on me ) ) and thats it .

and " the sex interaction " was 6 months ago .
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

The lesion on the shaft of the penis is unlikely to be a sexually transmitted disease (STDs).
STDs are usually associated with ulceration, lymph node enlargement or vesicles.
The hyper pigmented lesions are more suggestive of a skin lesion.

A variety of skin lesions can affect the genitalia.
Hyper pigmentation, pain and swelling can be due to vasculitis, eczema, etc.

You need to consult a dermatologist for clinical examination and relevant investigations.
A skin biopsy may be required to know the nature of lesion.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Pigmented spots on the shaft of penis, swollen and hurts. Had oral sex once. What could be the cause? 2 hours later
thank you for answering . ok !
i beleive the leisone is some how spreading and i feel like its cold not iching , when i touch it the pain it like burn ?!! .
and i am really afriad , .
can you tell me wt it could be wt disease is it .!

i did a sexual interaction just once in my life and it was just oral ! ( i was the who recieved the oral so nothing was in my mouth ) i was afraid of getting checked of hiv . i got no other symptoms !
just this
can you tell me wt it could be or wt to talk as medication
can you c the picture please

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 17 hours later
Hello and welcome again,

I have seen the pictures of the lesion.
A hyperpigmented spreading lesion feeling cold to touch seems to be a primary skin lesion unrelated to other infection.
Genitals are involved in a number of skin lesions. They are not only involved in STDs.
It is unlikely to be a STD. It is not related to HIV as well.
There are many possibilities, some of which I have mentioned above.
However, a clinical examination and investigations are mandatory for making any diagnosis. You should stop worrying about STD and HIV and see a doctor around to treat this spreading lesion.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal