Pigmentation on upper arm, medication not working. Please help.

Dear Sir,
i have some pigmentation on my upper arm since 3-4 years. have consulted and taken medication from many doctors, but of no help. please help
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 41 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

From the descripton I feel that you may have a condition called as macular amyloidosis.

You may try sunscreens in the day time with SPF of 15 or 24. You may also try glycolic acid 12 % before bath and tretinoin cream at night.

Take plenty of fruits and water. If there is no improvement you may undergo a skin biopsy after one month to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back to me if you have further queries.

Dr. P.V.S. Prasad