Persisting tumor below chest, no pain. What can be the cause and impact?

I have a tumor type on right side below chest.I consulted to local doctor about a year ago and he said not to worry as it may be due to fat. It's being 1 year and still the tumor is same. It is soft to touch and does not pain. Also it is almost 1.5 cm large and not increasing in size. I want your suggestion as what can be the cause and impact. Also please suggest some good doctors in Hyderabad to whom I can consult for the same.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
The features you are describing fit well with lipoma, a benign tumor arising from fat. It is harmless and does not turn into cancer. No treatment is required.
I don't recommend you to see any oncologist as it is not necessary. You can just follow up with your general physician.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for further followup queries, if any.