Periods with spotting, under severe stress. Blood tests done, US normal. Cause of symptoms?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
Hello Doc I am a unmarried female of 44 years old ,till XXXXXXX 2013,my periods were absolutely normal 6 days with good flow.I got my blood test done in Dec2012,which indicated as follows-

RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 6.76
HEMOGLOBIN 13.0 12.0
HEMATOCRIT 43.2
MEAN CORPUSCULAR VOL 64.0
MEAN CORPUSCULAR HGB. 19.2
MEAN CORPUSCULAR HEMOGLOBIN
CONCENTRATION
30.0
RED CELL DISTRIBUTION WIDTH 17.1
PLATELET COUNT 259
MEAN PLATELET VOLUME 11.4
WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT 10.0
In the month of Feb 2013 and March 2013 I only spotted ,I got my regular cycle a little late in April.In this month though i am having PMS and little spotting but Periods have not began .
My Uterus ultrasound was perfectly normal in March 2013.I am taking Bigomet for my insulin reistance and iron and folic acid medicen,
I am under lot of stress mentally.I am around 85 kgs,i walk for 30 min 4 times a week and do yoga 3 times a week
Blood report done in Dec12
FSH & LH EVALUATION, SERUM
LUTEINIZING HORMONE 16.
FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE 9.95
LH/FSH RATIO 1.67
My thyroid is absolutely normal. My gynee says that my this condition is due to stress and lack of iron in my blood.regards XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 56 minutes later
Hi

I feel that the menstrual abnormalities are related to aproaching menopause only. I don't see any abnormalities in your blood reports. Hemoglobin is normal and hence lack of iron is unlikely.

Stress is not good for health and you should try to reduce it. A few sessions with psychotherapist may help as well. Your weight also looks high to me. You may benefit from good dietary advice and increasing the exercises.

Overall I feel you are doing quite well and hence not to worry.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be availale to answer further followup queries, if any.

Follow-up: Periods with spotting, under severe stress. Blood tests done, US normal. Cause of symptoms? 6 minutes later
Thanks doc ,but i donot have any of the Menopause symptoms,my last period was also for 6 days.
This month also my date is 17th May 2013,and I have severe PMS.
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 50 minutes later
Yes, I did not say that you already had menopause but may be it is approaching. This type of iregular bleeding occurs commonly during the years preceeding menopause.

Follow-up: Periods with spotting, under severe stress. Blood tests done, US normal. Cause of symptoms? 7 minutes later
Thanks Doc normally what is the time span /years for Menopause to happen and any particular care one should take.regards
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 23 hours later
It is difficult to predict, may be 2-3 years or even more. No particular care is to be taken specially for this.