Periods delayed, negative home pregnancy test, used protection. When to take next test?

Question
Hi, I got my last periods on 2nd december 2011 and usually lasts for 5 days. i usually get my next period in 28 days. Its XXXXXXX 6, 2012 and i have still not got my periods which usually doesnt happen. I took a home pregnancy test today but not with morning urine (i took in the afternoon and also have been drinking fluids during the day). i got negative result. Also i am not expecting to get pregnant since my husband used protection and told me that condom did not get damaged to the best of his knowledge. So can u give me an advice on when exactly to take my next home pregnancy test for confirmation.pls give me any other relevant information as well.
Also I have been trying to mild exercise for the past 1 week, and mild yoga and shifted to healthy dietary plans. Im feeling mild cramps on my stomach now... just wanted to let u know incase this information helps u
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 14 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Wait for 1 week and repeat urine pregnancy test, if it is still negative then you need to be examined by Gynecologist. If you are confident that it cannot be pregnancy then it may be because of stress or change in life style pattern.

As you have already mentioned you have just started exercises, it may be because of that. If this kind of cycle pattern reoccurs then you may need some hormonal tests and ultrasound of uterus and ovaries.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Periods delayed, negative home pregnancy test, used protection. When to take next test? 39 hours later
Thank you for the reply. you have asked me to wait 1 more week and take the test again since it is negative now. But is there any natural homely remedy to induce mensturation instead of waiting to dint out if im pregnant because im not expecting to be even if it occured by accident. Kindly advice...

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 8 hours later
Thanks for reverting.
I do not prescribe any natural/ homely remedy to induce menses.
If it is a pregnancy, then you need to consult your gynaecologist to discuss your options for medical abortion. If it is not pregnancy, then your physician may give you some hormonal therapy for inducing withdrawal bleeding.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Best wishes