Ask a Urologist   »  

Periodical blood in urine, no pain or burning. Reason and treatment?

I am a 79 year old man and periodically have blood in my urion, I have no burning or pain. At most I will have to get up one time at night and urinate, but not every night. Blood is not in the urion everyday, just comes and goes.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later

Blood in the urine can occur due to many reasons starting from infection to stones to malignancy.

It is difficult to pinpoint the cause unless you are examined and some tests have been done.

It is necessary that a urine test and an X-ray and ultrasound of the pelvis be done. These tests should help rule out some basic causes, and if necessary further tests would be needed. Also some basic blood tests including PSA should be done at the same time.

Please do upload the test results, so that i can advice you better.