Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis started cracking and shedding, allergic reaction, cialis, ED

Urologist
Question
ED
====
Good Morning,
My plight has been burdening me for 10 years. When i was 22, I am not sure what happened. The skin on my penis started cracking and shedding. It extended into my groin and then was done. Before this incident, I got morning erections every day, and several erections during the day, while peeing normally 4-5x/day. As soon as the incident happened, I did not seek care. I was embarrassed. But pretty quickly it appeared something was wrong. Morning erections decreased to almost 1 per month. I started having to pee a lot. And the sensitivity of the skin had changed. I finally went to see a urologist after about 6 months and he said it was probably an allergic reaction. He gave me some cialis. This problem has continued and worsened. It feels as if the muscle has torn off the pelvis. I am constantly adjusting it, and it hangs a lot lower than when the incident happened. I have dated and I am able to get erections when lying down, but never standing. If i stand with an erection i quickly lose it. I feel as if there is permanent damage and I am not sure anything can be done at this point. I have seen a total of 3 urologists and they all say the same thing. "not sure what happened" "Take some cialis" This solution seems temporary and not fixing the real problem. Can anything be done about this?? Does this situation sound familiar to you?? Please help, its really working on my self esteem. Thanks
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 23 hours later

The skin problem and the erectile problem seem co-incidental to me.

Erectile problem can be one of the three, according to sexual medicine.

1.     Psychogenic (mind related).
2.     Vasculogenic ( due to poor blood flow to the part , which in turn may be due to injury to the part of the body bellow the balls or severe uncontrolled diabetes)
3.     Neurogenic (injury to the major bones or organs of the pelvis) or erection slows down with increasing age.

Coming to the solution, the dose of cialis needs to be adjusted. Special Vitamins can be added to give little more strength. If still not happy, vacuum erection device can be suggested. If all fail, then only penile prosthesis needs to be fit as a last resort.

Hope I have cleared your doubts.

Dr. G Srinivasan, urologist.