Penis glans feels a bit sore after exposure to too warm water. What should I do?

Jul 2016

Hi, I accidentally exposed my penis glans to a little too warm water in the shower last night while adjusting the temperature. Today it feels a bit sore, but there's not really anything visible. Any advice, anything I should do about it?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Apply antibiotic ointment for soothing effect. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that glans of your penis has been exposed to hot water resulting in to burns (Scalds) Since it is a superficial burn injury it will form a scab over a glans of your penis and heal up within a week, Please take broad spectrum antibiotic Cefalosporin along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily orally to prevent infection. Please clean your genital with anti microbial solution like Betadine twice daily and apply topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily. It will have soothing effect and will help to heal up the wound Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to address the same. . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Penis glans feels a bit sore after exposure to too warm water. What should I do? 43 hours later
Many thanks for your answer. The condition was less harmful than I first thought, so I think I am fine now. I have other issues I wanna ask about, but would these have to be sent in a new query? If I send images, would everyone online be able to look at these, or only the doctor I send them to?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You can post it as a another query, Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your follow up. You can post your other query with photographs. It will be directed to the specialist concerned and will be addressed by some one who is on line at that particular tome. If you wish to address it to me, you can post it to me directly.I shall try to help you. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.