Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis foreskin wrinkly, skin folding, excess skin, coarse texture. Treatment ?

General Surgeon
Hi...I'm 48 years old and recently I have noticed that my penis forskin had gone very wrinkly almost ovenight and the skin folds when it is not erected.It now seems to have excess skin. During erection it looks fine. My forskin now feels course and my scortum is also having the same problem I have been masturbathing with soap almost daily for the past 3 weeks and I wonder if this could be the problem and what can be done to restore my forskin to its original condition.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 8 minutes later

If there is no itching or redness or discharge there is nothing to worry.

Foreskin or prepuce is loose & it has wrinkles, it gets stretched during erections which later while in the normal anatomy the foreskin or prepuce would naturally get loose and wrinkled.

Wrinkles alone don`t require any treatment.

Over masturbation can add little wrinkling nothing else.

Scrotum skin when in relaxation has wrinkles, which is again normal.

So there is nothing to worry.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.
Follow-up: Penis foreskin wrinkly, skin folding, excess skin, coarse texture. Treatment ? 1 hour later
Dr, thank you for your prompt response. Maybe I have understated the problem I'm facing. You see, my forskin is like a dried prune, coarse to the touch and from what i see, a total lack of skin moisture. And as I explained earlier, this happened very fast, almost overnight. Could my regular mustabation robbed my skin of much needed moisture and will my foreskin ever get back to its previous condition? Will my forskin heal itself? Dr, I'm getting pretty worried here as my forskin is totally not what it used to be last week. Could you advise me further please doctor....appreciate very much. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 55 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Dryness of penile foreskin occur due to many causes.

Glands present in the corona glandis and their secertions keep the foreskin moist & healthy.

If repeated masturbation done with unclean hands, glands for secertions may get infected, so secretion of glands situated in the corona glandis is reduced temporarly. This leads to dry foreskin of penis. Viral infection can also cause this.

So keep the area clean & give it rest for few days, it may return to its normal texture with in few days.

If it don`t return to normal with in 3-4 days than opinion of skin specialist is desirable.

It is not a serious disease so don`t worry.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you speedy recovery.