Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis doused in hydrogen peroxide, increased sensitivity, burning, wrinkling, discharge. Harmful to penis?

Hello Doctor...

This may sound weird...but I pretty much doused my penis in hydrogen peroxide inside and out after some sexual activity...and now my penis appears to be very sensitive. Head appears to be wrinkled...It did burn to pee but now seems to subside from time to feels like the tip is wet and is possibly discharging. My question is...Was using hydrogen peroxide a good idea...or was this a STUPID idea? Did I irritate and possible burn the inside and outside of my penis? Did I kill essential bacteria inside my penis?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 5 hours later

You have provided me with good information.

I have gone through the pictures provided by you.

You have used Hydrogen peroxide over the penis following sexual activity. Normally some doctors do advice hydrogen peroxide solution (3%) to clean the genital area in case of any collections, sweat or grime, but this is normally done in diluted form.

You might have applied a more stronger concentrated form that has damaged a delicate mucosa (lining) of penis. Now since you have burning sensation, you can use a mild vaseline lotion over the area. Also refrain form sexual activity till it subsides. If you feel the burning sensation continues, it is better to show to a Dermatologist.

If you feel there is any discharge you will need to get investigated for sexually transmitted infections. Application of Hydrogen peroxide does not treat any sexually transmitted infections. It is better to use condoms for protection.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.