Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis discharge before urination. No itching or burning. Needs to be checked?

Hi I had a question, just recently I woke up to go to the bathroom and I saw that there was a tiny bit of what looks like cum at the tip of my penis and it leaks every 3 hours or so maybe usually right before I have to pee, but it doesn't itch or burn. Is this something I need to get checked out or no?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Secretion of the semen after sleep is a natural thing that may happen, especially for young men. It is physiological and does not cause any problem.
It is the the secretions of the prostate that is emitted specially when somebody does not have sex for several weeks.
Furthermore, try to have a safe sex in order to avoid any possibility of infection in the future. People are very vulnerable to sexual transmitted diseases specially before the age of 25.
Let me know if you have any question. I wish you a good health.