Penile rash, chlymidia, 1% hydrocortisone, contagious,spreading, itching. Treatment?

penile rash..... please help
red rash on my penis head and shaft. stops at my circumsision scar line. been to 4 doctors, tested twice. had chlymidia once. std free now. rash does not respond to anti-fungals but at one time responded well to 1% hydrocortisone. was with my ex 6 years, had a healthy sex life for 3 then her vagina started to smell, taste bitter, cottage cheese discharge, sex became uncomfortable at times and her "vagina lips" would swell. i started to get a red rash. would be circles or blotchy, friction would encourage them to spread. never any smell, pain, pus or blood, never painful urination. they do form a small white flake scab that peels off easily. her vaginal fluids also leaked onto my scrotum and anal cavity now i have an itchy red bum crack and red spots on my scrotum. i kept using hyrdocortisone to take it away and it would always work. now she is my ex i havent had sex in 8 months and the rash wont go away. i have tried countless creams and pills. spent around 1000$ on prescrptions:( hydrocortisone doesnt work anymore, any friction makes the rash worse. i wear loose boxers and sweatpants daily now,
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 hours later

thanks for writing in and a detailed description of your problem. I appreciate that.

This doesnt seem to be an STD.

The possibilities that I have in mind are- Non-specific balanoposthitis, Zoon,s balanitis and Lichen simplex chronicus.

All of them are chronic skin problems.

In the past 8 months has there been a time when the rash has subsided completely?
Do you use lubricants or antiseptic over the area?

Please answer these questions to give me a better understanding of your problem.

Also if possible, please attach a pic of your rash using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page. It will be a huge help for me.

Awaiting your response.