Pelvic phleboliths. Apart from pain relievers, what other pain management measures should I take to get relief?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
hi! i have been diagnosed to have pelvic phleboliths. sometimes i get bothered by the pain in causes and i wouldn't want pain relievers all the time. what management can i do to get rid of the pain when it attacks me, thanks!
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 5 hours later

Phleboliths are hardened clots in the vessels usually the veins. They hardly cause any symptoms. They are at times radioopaque rendering them visible on plain X-ray. They closely mimic ureteric calculus in their appearance but devoid of symptoms of a ureteric calculus.

As you seem to be suffering with persistent pain, you need to verify and confirm whether it is a stone which is causing symptoms. If it is a ureteric stone then intervention may be required.

Discuss with your treating physician who after careful evaluation can determine the true cause of treatment. We can plan a treatment according to the cause.

Hope this information was both useful and helpful. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Best Regards

Follow-up: Pelvic phleboliths. Apart from pain relievers, what other pain management measures should I take to get relief? 37 hours later
Hi Dr. Ketan! I underwent CT stonogram already and results show I don't have any problems with my urinary tract. I just need home management for pain as I don't want to take pain relievers often. My OB-GYNE and urologist asked me to see a physiatric doctor for pain management but I just don't have time to do so at the moment. thanks!
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thank you for writing back. If the CT scan of the kidney ureter bladder region is normal, you don't have to worry at all.
For pain management, you have several options that you can exercise:
1. Naturopathy. You can explore options in several other fields like ayurveda.
2. Yoga, pranayama, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX & meditation. This has been shown to provide excellent pain relief.
3. Regular moderate exercise ( walking)
4. Homeopathy
Either of these options will provide you excellent relief.
With regards