Pelvic pain, tiredness, delayed periods, negative PT. Suggestions?

I was supposed to have my period 2 days ago, but no sign yet. I have got very light pelvic pain and am very tired, any suggestions? I did a PT this morning and it was negative, my partner and I are trying for a baby, so we have been having lots of unprotected sex.
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The light pelvic pain could be either premenstrual or due to an infection. If you do not get your period in a week's time, repeat your pregnancy test because in early pregnancy also sometimes light pelvic pain occurs. Since you are planning for pregnancy, take folic acid 5 mg per day in consultation with your local doctor. Drink plenty of fluids and take a healthy diet. Regarding citalopram, consult with your doctor whether its dose can be reduced since you are planning for pregnancy.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Best wishes