Passing stools immediately after eating. What should I do?

I have a problem with my stomach which i would like to share with you and would expect suggestion from you. I get up in the morning drink water and go to the toilet and get fresh. I eat breakfastand immediately after eating breakfast i need to rush to the toilet. This does not happen everyday but it do happens quite frequent. Then after i eat my lunch either immidiately or after 2 hours i have to go to toilet and that too in a rush. In the evening from 6-9 i go to toilet minimum 2 times. At night after dinner i go to the toilet. This has been happening to me for last 6 months. Some times it is diareah kinds and sometimes normal. Pls suggest what should i do?? I am in trouble because i always have to think about toilet before leaving my house or office.
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist I hope there is no alarming features like weight loss, blood loss from gastrointestinal tract, loss of appetite or anemia, fever or nocturnal symptoms as you haven't mentioned any one of them which suggest that you are suffering from IBS- D (Irritable bowel syndrome diarrhea predominent). So it needs to be treated symptomatically. Few facts about IBS: 1. Is a chronic disease which has relapsing and remitting course 2. It will never harm you even if it will persist for whole life 3. Stress, life events, and anxiety leads to aggravation of symptoms 4. Intestine becomes hypersensitive so even discomfort is perceived as pain 5. Increase gas production leading to abdominal fullness and bloating I will advise you to take a course of pre and probiotic, riximin, and tablet ramosetron. See whether dairy products worsen your symptoms if yes then please avoid them. If still not improve after taking these medicine in a week then add some antisecretory agent like loperamide. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Passing stools immediately after eating. What should I do? 23 minutes later
I am an alcoholic and have been drinking for 7-8 years now and i got my lipid profile done 3 months back which showed high levels of cholestrol and triglycerides. I also smoke about 15 cigrattes a day. Is my stomach upset because of these reasons ? Pls also let me know when and hiw to take these medicines. Pls mention the name of the medicines properly so i can ask my chemist to provide me and also pls tell me which medicine to eat at what time. Also pls let me know things to avoid while taking these medicines and things to eat and drink if possible. Thanks a lot. Awaiting your answer
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Avoid alcohol and smoke Detailed Answer: Hello! Intake of alcohol may also cause abnormalities in gastrointestinal tract which can lead to these symptoms. Smoking leads to damage of gastrointestinal tract. So try to avoid them I am sorry it is the policy of this medium not to discuss about the dosage so you may discuss with your treating physician I hope you can understand. Wish you a good health