Passing loose stools with blood. Give darolac powder. On endolac and antibiotics. Suggest

Pediatrician, Neonatology
may i give darolac powder to my 12 months old baby, he has fata - fata wattery loose motion. he had many times in past 2 months. on 18 may he has loose motion with blood in it, went to doctor and he gave him endolac and one antibiotic for 5 days
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 20 minutes later
Durolac powder is called probiotic. It maintains normal flora in the intestine. By itself it will not stop diarrhoea. It is a supplement. There are many brands available in market.May be your doctor has given some alternative!! Check with him before giving.
I Am sure you have done a stool examination in view of blood in the stool.

Use all general precautions like

Hand washing before feeding
Boiled water for preparing milk,food etc
Avoiding outside food.

Good luck
God bless
Dr Uma