Passing gas, belching. Had diarrhea. Family history of chron's disease. Is that the cause?

Hi, for the past 2 days I have done done nothing but pass noisy wind. Also I've been belching a lot more than normal. On Monday I had been sick and then had dairrhorea which has now gone but I now have constant wind. What is this because of. My mum has chrons disease, could it be that?
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 44 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you have recovered from an enteritis. It will take a week for you to completely recover. To consider chrons a more long standing history of Gastro intestinal discomfort should have been present. However Chrons is genetic so I would like you to undergo a screening colonoscopy once you reach 40s.

You could take probiotics like curd or easily available over the counter lacto bacillus pills for a week to stop gas. Avoid fibre XXXXXXX diet, oily food and legumes for a week.
I hope I have answered your query.

Please get back to me if you have further queries.

I wish you good health