Ask a Urologist   »  

Passing blood in urine. Should I consult an urologist?

General Surgeon
I am passing blood in my urine, rosy color. Plan is to see urologist in am. Should I panic and go to emergency now?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Blood in urine if not caused by a trauma is usually not an urgent condition. So urologist visit instead of ER sound reasonable.
However if this blood is present in the urine for days, or it will start bleeding more ample (so there will be plenty of fresh blood in the urine) you should not wait anymore. Also if the fever will appear, back pain, lower abdominal pain, shivers, it should force you to visit your doctor right away.
Otherwise you can wait.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.