Passing blood in bowel movements after coronary angiography. Is this normal after this procedure?

I had a cornory angiography this morning (about 12 hours ago). I have had two bowel movements snce and have passes blood each time. Is this something that happens after this proceedure?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

No, this is not routine.

Angiography can not lead to bleeding in stool. It is possible that during procedure or in routine you might be taking some medicines like blood thinner which might have caused bleeding.

Please get in touch with your doctor and inform him. Avoid straining at stool.
Take light diet, avoid heavy fried foods and maize products which can cause constipation.

Please talk to your doctor to further investigate the cause.

I hope this answers your query, I will glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.