Painless spongy swelling on the elbow

I have a spongy bulb on elbow - It isn't painful
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
A spongy swelling of the elbow can be caused by blood/fluid accumulating at your elbow. It could have been caused by either an external injury which damaged the blood vessels directly, or due to inflammation.
Investigations like Magnetic Resonance Imaging are needed to identify the cause and extent of the swelling.
The treatment involves cold sponging and anti inflammatory medicines under the guidance of your orthopedician.
Meanwhile avoid lifting any weights from the affected arm and use a crepe bandage to provide rest to the affected area.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.