Painless marble sized hard lump on shin. Should I be concerned?

I have a marble size hard knot on my shin, no pain at all should I be concerned.... 49yo male
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You shoud see a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your query I would like to tell you that the hard knot that you are mentioning may be just an innocent thing but can be a harbinger of serious issues . It can be a bony outgrowth , post injury or even malignancy .

Without examining in person it cannot be said what it can be . Physical examination can give a lot of idea.

I will suggest you to see an orthopaedician for this and get yourself examined so all doubts are cleared.

Dr. Shruti