Painless lump in between the breasts. Should I be worried?

i have a small pea sized lump inbetween my breasts at the start of my cleavage, it soesnt hurt or is not red. should i get it checked, what could it be?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 36 minutes later
Hi there.

Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

This could be either an intradermal cyst, small sebaceous cyst or a lipoma. It is almost certainly non-cancerous but get it checked out. It has nothing to do with breast cancer and never will have.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.