Painles lump on testicle. Having masturbation. Is it cancer?

Question
I am having a lump of width 1.5-2 cm attached to my left testicle at the upper part of the testicle since 10//11 years. (I have mentioned the width only because the shape of lump is just like a small testicle and I am unable to hold it from its length because it slips from my hand and some cord(perhaps epididymis) is obstructing me to hold it from it's length. most likely It's length is about 2.5 cm and I mentioned the width only). It is not causing any pain or problem with me. I put a torch light behind it and saw that it is allowing light to pass through . I masturbate much. Can this be cancer or is there any chance that I will have cancer in future ? I am scared of cancer Please help me. Can cancer be there with me for such a long period ? Is the light passing test is reliable or it is very very necessary to do ultrasound ?
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
thanks for the query.

Testicualar masses could be benign or malignant. However, most are benign but all masses of the testes/scrotum have to be examined as benign masses or malignant masses may present in the same manner without or with mild pains.

From your description, its likely you have a spermatocele also called an epididymal cyst, which is a typically painless, noncancerous (benign), and fluid-filled sac located above the testicle.Translumination or passing light through is positive. Treatment is surgery but it is necessary only when they are large and causing pain
Other possible diagnosis include
-Hydrocele which are fluid collection in the testes, generally soft and painless and has a positive tranlumination test.
-Varicoceles which are also soft scrotal swellings, more prominent while standing or exercising and may present with some sensation of heaviness, or a dull ache.It is diagnosed using an ultrasound.
-Testicular cancer which usually is painless and present as firm mass protruding from the testes. Diagnosis is made from ultrasound and with biopsy and serum markers.

Masturbation has no known negative effect on the body and its not known to be cancer causing nor to affect the production of sperms.

You will need to be seen by a doctor who will examine the mass and order tests such as an ultrasound from which a diagnosis will be made.
Its less likely to be a cancer.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be ready to help.
Best regards

Follow-up: Painles lump on testicle. Having masturbation. Is it cancer? 15 minutes later
sir, can a cancerous lump has transillumination positive ? Ia transillumination test reliable or its very very necessary to do ultrasound test ? If it is spermatocele then can it be left untreated if it is not causing any pain ?

thanks once more for the query.

A positive transillumination test signifies fluid inside the scrotum which usually is an indication of a hydrocele or spermatocele. Spermatocele like i mentioned earlier is treated by surgery but only when it is large enough and presenting with pains.
Despite a positive transillumination that you have noted, it has to be confirmed by a doctor and with ultrasound to be certain.

Hope this answers your query.
If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answer.
Best regards

Follow-up: Painles lump on testicle. Having masturbation. Is it cancer? 1 hour later
sir is the light test not reliable ? Is it very very necessary to do ultrasound ?

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 43 minutes later
thanks again for the query.
the light test is a reliable test to indicate the presence of fluid. However an ultrasound will evaluate further the mass. Whether an ultrasound will be indispensable could only be concluded after a physical examination by a doctor. However, it is better to do the ultrasound to see if its not a complicated mass or to confirm its actually the spermatocele.
Spermatocele is a non painful mass with soft consistency located behind and above the testes. If its non symptomatic, then you do not need to worry.

Hope this answers your query. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answers.
Best regards