Painful swollen knot appeared after getting a hit. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a wreck several weeks ago. I hit my XXXXXX pretty hard. This morning I woke up with a painful swollen knot
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
The appearance of a swelling on the XXXXXX several weeks after an injury can be due to an infection or a soft tissue swelling.
Since the knot is painful, you can do a hot compress in the area for pain or inflammation relief. A direct examination by a physician will help in exact diagnosis. Systemic antibiotics may be needed to control the infection.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.