Painful sores on scalp, under arms. Redness, painful, have white worms inside. Where can I go for treatment?

Jul 2012

I have VERY painful sores all over my body and on my scalp, under my arms....everywhere they get really red and painful and when they break open tiny white worms are there. I have been to see about every dermatologist in our area and one said I have exzema another said compulsive digging (not so) etc. NONE have done a thing about the worms and they are worms, tiny white ones with an etsy, bitsy black tip at the end. Can you help me or direct me where I can go for treatment. They are on my arms, legs, trunk of my body, behind my ears on my head, neck, behind and around my ears even some in my private areas. HELP
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 9 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX. I empathise with the problem with you have & it must be difficult to handle. I note all the sites you describe & dont doubt your word. The worms you describe are probably maggots oriented & are not an uncommon occurence in the elderly & immunocompromised. Firstly though, you need to fix an appointment with your local Gp & physically 'demonstrate' the 'worms' to him on the ground. If indeed they are so, then 'turpentine' application locally does wonders to 'extricate them'. In addition, you may need a covering antibiotic ointment like 2% mupirocin & oral antibiotics eg metronidazole & these will have to be prescribed by your GP on the ground nearest you.
This is as clear & lucid an opinion as i can render online & do trust it guides you on your way to a full & complete recovery. Do please close this query if you satisfied & do send us your valuable feedback. Cheers & Godspeed!