Painful mouth ulcers,similar spots around vulva of vagina. Under lot of stress, smoke, had unsafe sex. Worried ?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I had some painful mouth ulcers around March i have been under a lot of stress ,i have smoked drunk cofee and had unprotected sex before that.and had sex in January At the beginning the spots looked white and slightly stretched and after they changed .now i have pinlike sized and raised white dots inside of the lower lip inside my mouth they are not painful but are bothersome.I also have some similar spots around the vulva of my vagina they were itchy initially but now they are not however they are still there and they are also slightly raised. I've never had these kind of spots in those parts of my body before.i have take bonjela for the mouth spots and a canesten pessary for the bottom.The medications have worked slightly although the spots have not gone.I've been to the sex clinic also at the end of May .its been 5 months now.At the clinic they said i was + for thrush but - for everything else.They gave me a bv + thrush leaflet also.i'm worried
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
hi XXXXXXX,

according to your description the possibilities are,

-oral ulcers can occur due to stress which are called aphthous ulcers. these can occur due to vitamin deficiency also,
which will be usually painful.

-oro-genital ulcers can also be seen in conditions like syphilis, herpes simplex etc.

-but as your reports showed positivity for thrush,
thrush is caused by candida albicans which can occur due to many reasons,
oral thrush can be caused by smoking also,
as decreased immunity is one cause of thrush and you are having the problem since 5 months,
better consult physician get examined and take test to rule out immunodeficiency, just for completion sake you don't worry.

meanwhile continue the treatment prescribed in sti clinic.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.