Painful mole on chin, red, swollen, am pregnant

Question
I have had a mole on my chin since a little girl for the last couple of days it has started to hurt. Yesterday I squeezed it and blackhead like substance came out near the mole. The mole then became red and swollen. Today the swelling has gone down still tender. I am 10 weeks pregnant.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 28 minutes later
HI XXXXXX,
A CHANGE IN A MOLE'S SIZE SHAPE COLOR TEMPERATURE ROUGHENING OF IT'S SURFACE OR PAIN AND BLEEDING FROM IT SHOULD BE TAKEN UP QUITE SERIOUSLY BECAUSE IT MAY BE A VERY EARLY INDICATION OF BEING A CANCEROUS CHANGE INTO MALINGNANT MELANOMA.
MALIGNANT MELANOMA IS A KILLER DISEASE AND SPREADS VERY EARLY AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO TREAT ONCE SPREAD.
PLEASE VISIT A LOCAL SURGEON/DERMATOLOGIST TO GET IT BIOPSIED TO MAKE SURE IT IS NOT MALIGNANT AND FOLLOW THEIR ADVISE.
I HOPE YOU WOULD BE PROACTIVE TO AVOID COMPLICATIONS.
PREGNANCY IS NOT A HURDLE IN DIAGNOSIS.
I WISH A GOOD HEALTH FOR YOU.