Painful lump on the roof of mouth. Have sore throat. What could it be?

ENT Specialist
Question
hi, I have i largish painful lump on the roof of my mouth at the back, I can feel it everytime i talk (with my tongue) and when i swallow (it's painful). I've recently got over a sore throat that lasted nearly 3 weeks. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. If you can upload a close up image, it will help.

2. It may be a normal structure, such as a torus palatinus. There is a large differential of rare conditions leading to such a lump.

3. Get a videolaryngoscopy done. Upload the images/video.

4. Treatment will depend upon the examination findings.

I hope that i have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.