Painful Inflamed knees at night, diagnosed with arthritis, have symptoms of prostatitis. Is knee pain related to prostatitis?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Is knee pain related to prostatitas
I have been diagnosed with mild arthritas
My knees get very inflamed in bed at night
at the same time as I get A flare up of prostatitas
Is there a connection
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The symptoms of knee pain are not likely to be related to the symptoms of prostatitis.
It is common to have flaring up of knee inflammation during the early hours of the morning. The symptoms of prostatitis like frequency of urination and pain are also more commonly seen at night.
These two are different age related problems and are not likely to be associated.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.