Pain under the rib cage. History of elevated liver enzymes and chronic lymphatic thyroiditis. Done thyroidectomy. Taking Oxy elite pro

I have been taking oxy elite pro for about 3 months. I ran out about 2 weeks ago and haven't taken any since. I have been having horrible pains under my rib cage on my right side. I have had a history of elevated liver enzymes for unknown reason and I have a right thyroidectomy due to chronic lymphatic thyroiditis. What is thet pain and how concerned should I be? The pain is a constant dull ache with periods of sharp burning stabbing pains.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later
The pain on right side of chest under the ribcage could be the pain arising from the intercostals muscles, ribs, pleura or from the liver. If you have breathing difficulty or pain during XXXXXXX inspiration, the pain could possibly be because of inflammation of the right pleura.

An X-Ray of the chest will help in ruling out the possibility of right pleuritis (inflammation of pleura) and any associated pleural effusion. An ultrasound of the upper abdomen will help in ruling out the abdominal causes of the pain.

The cause may lie in the liver or outside the liver. Since you are having elevated liver enzymes, it needs a detailed evaluation for the underlying cause. It could be because of chronic hepatitis or fatty liver.

I would suggest consulting a physician and getting these investigations done to find out the cause. Treatment and the seriousness of cause will depend on the diagnosis.

Moreover, the fat burner Oxyelite pro contains Bauhinia purpurea extract, a herbal ingredient which is thought to cause a natural adjustment in thyroid hormone levels T3 and T4 and T3 hormone is partly responsible for your metabolic rate and if you are taking levothyroxine then it is advisable not to take oxyelite pro as it may interfere with the thyroid management of the drug.

If you are to take oxyelite pro then take it only under your endocrinologist’s supervision.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.