Pain under the chest bone and it feels slightly lumpy. Should I be concerned?

Thanks, This is XXXXXXX 40 years old. I have a very slight-slight pain under the chest bone and if I touch it feels slightly lumpy and if I push hard feels painful (5 on scale). It also feels like a slight belt over what I believe are the lungs. When I breath feels a bit uncomfortable but no coughing. Otherwise all good, no dizziness, vomiting. I booked an appointment with my GP for Thursday morning. Is is OK to wait until then? I had these symptoms for a few weeks but seemed to get worsen in the last few days (I have 2 kids 6 and 8 in the house and husband is not at home until Wed night). Thanks again.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, you can wait until then Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX It seems like a probable inflammation in the ribs just below the chest bone. This is how it normally presents. Also, the fact that you have 'no coughing' rules out any serious lung pathology. In my view, you could wait until Thursday morning to see your GP. I am glad you have booked an appointment for the same. Meanwhile, you could take simple analgesics like Motrin or Panadol for relief of pain. Drink plenty of water orally, and do deep breathing exercises to get faster relief from your symptoms. Get well soon. Regards,
Follow-up: Pain under the chest bone and it feels slightly lumpy. Should I be concerned? 20 minutes later
Hi Dr.Shanthi Many thanks for your quick reply. It is much appreciated. Now I feel safe to have the kids with me over night. Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 hours later
Brief Answer: my pleasure Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am glad to be of help to you. Get well soon :) Regards,