Pain tickle up spine and both arms on back side. Have family history of strokes. Have stress and depression

Infertility Specialist
Question
I have family history of strokes. I am 58 yr female 113 lbs 5 feet. Good health, but get shooting intense tickle up spine and out both arms on back side only, intermittently, it puts me to the ground, til it passes. What do u think. XXXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
ps..thought i should add, i am under treatment for DID PTSD and have XXXXXXX stress and depression right now, so maybe, that is what it is?...hope it helps
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 minutes later

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Since you do-not have hypertension, there is no need to worry of stroke though you have a family history.

2) The pain in spine could be due to excessive work or physical exertion recently. Take a pain killer medicine available over the counter for three days. If it does not reduce you might need examination by an orthopedician.

3) This might be related to PTSD and depression as you might feel samll pain to be larger. Hence please stop worrying. You are physically fit woman at 58 years.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Pain tickle up spine and both arms on back side. Have family history of strokes. Have stress and depression 12 minutes later
thank you, sir, i feel better already... XXXXXXX

Hi XXXXXXX

I hope my answer was useful for you.

Please accept my answer and write a review if my answer was helpful for you.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol