Pain on the left side of back. Having degenerative arthritis in spine. Gall bladder ultrasound and EKG came normal

Dec 2012

Left side back pain on occasion, when I walk quite a bit, I am a diabetic under control, I have went just last week, chest and stomach X-rays, gull bladder ultrasound, EKG , blood work for my heart, blood work for my sugar, blood pressure 117 over 73 everything that the hospital and my doctor checking came back normal, seeing a chiropractor so far no help,I do have degenerative arthritis in the spine
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be due to the arthritis or wear/tear injury

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Your left sided back pain could be coming from spine, kidney, muscles or nerve damage. Since you are already suffering from a degenerative arthritis it will be wise to consider this as the most likely cause of your back pain (especially if the spine arthritis is located at the level where you feel the pain most).
I suggest that you get your kidneys evaluated both with laboratory tests and kidney ultrasound. CT scan and MRI studies can also help rule out other problems from muscle injury, nerve damage and the extend to which the degenerative arthritis of spin has progressed.
Effective treatment will highly depend on your doctors determining the specific cause of your back pain. A physical therapist will also be helpful.
Since, left side back pain is a very unspecific symptom, which imply I will be unable to provide any specific information regarding the cause of the pain.
If you have any other updates to provide that can help me further assist you, I will be glad to throw more light on the issue.

Hope this helps and wish you the best. Feel free to write back with any follow-up questions.
Dr. Nsah