Pain on right side for the last four hours, hurts to walk, dull ache

right side paini have had right side pain for the last four hours
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

A detailed account consisting of a complete history, past illness, medications and personal history helps every physician to understand patient’s problem better and thereby pointing towards close possibility and the best management.
You have provided us with insufficient data to comment about the problem.

Please provide the following details for us to address your problem better.
1. The exact location of pain - if it involves the abdomen which part of the abdomen (upper or lower) is affected?
2. The type and nature of pain - is it a dull ache, burning sensation, etc.
3. Any other associated symptoms like numbness, weakness, etc.
4. Do you have headache, vomiting, loss of consciousness?
5. Did you sustain any injury?

The above details can point me towards localizing the problem.

Awaiting your response

Best Regards
Follow-up: Pain on right side for the last four hours, hurts to walk, dull ache 9 hours later
it is dull ache and handache and it hurts to walk
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later

Dull ache in the hand / pain while walking is most likely due to some systemic illness. Viral infection is often the cause. There can be other prodromol symptoms such as generalised weakness, tiredness, reduced appetite and so on. It is a self limiting and non concerning condition.

Another possibility is a muscular ache. Warm compresses and oral antiinflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen 400mg can take care of such ache. In addition good bed rest is beneficial.

If the pain involves only the right side, then stress, neurological condition like fibromyalgia, thalamic pain syndrome may be related. A detailed neurological evaluation is entailed.

Hope I have provided you with the necessary information which you were looking for. Let me know if I have missed out any of your concern.
If all your queries are addressed, do accept the answer and close the discussion.