Pain on major tendon area on the back side of left ankle. Underlying cause?

Please help if you can. I have sever pain on the major tendon area on the back side of my left ankle. There is no joint movement pain. I constantly have this pain regardless of what I am doing. The pain is the strongest when after I have been walking and stop just for a minute or a period of time and I get up an start to walk again. It seems like I can walk off the pain as long as I keep moving, over a period of time. The back side of the ankle area is swollen and it is progressing around to the front of my leg. I have had No injuries or falls for an extended period of time. I guess I am looking for what kind of doctor to visit a podiatrist or a sport injury doctor specializing in the extremities/limbs.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

The symptoms you have described suggests you are suffering from Tendonitis. This is inflammation of the tendon, which is quite common. You can approach a sports medicine specialist for this.
Here is what I am suggesting

1. For the pain Tab aceclofenac is the ideal drug, to be taken twice daily for not more than 3 days. It reduces pain and inflammation
2. Cold packs to be applied on the inflammed area to reduce the swelling
3. Most importantly adequate rest. Do not engage in exercises until it gets better

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you a speedy recovery