Pain on left side of ribs, unbearable pain when stood

Hello, I am a 29 year old female. I have semi constant pain on my left side under my ribs. I work as a server and whe pain gets worde when i stand for any period of time. Many time the pain is almost unbarable.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The pain you have on the side of your ribs is mainly due to the standing position in which you have to stay for long.This is due to the extra stress that is put on your below chest muscles. The best remedy is to avoid standing for long hours, correct your posture and avoid high heels.

For the unbearable pain that you sometimes have,you can take muscle relaxants, along with available any good pain killer which is available as an OTC. Hot fomentation followed by a local analgesic ointment will also help a lot.

I would also suggest you see a General Physician and get an examination, your blood pressure too must be checked.Investigations like a complete blood picture , urine routine and microscopy, blood sugar and EKG may be needed.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.