Pain in urinary tract, pus cells found during urine test. Will this affect the IVF procedure?

My wife has gone IVF treatment on 19th of nov and she is taking medicines as advised , but she is suffering from pain in urinary tract some puss celsss 10-15 were found during tests of urine , will it effect the ivf procedure
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Does she have fever with chills?
2.) Is she having burning sensation while passing urine?
3.) Does she pass urine frequently?

Your History and reports suggest, she has a UTI) . It won't have any effect on IVF if treated early. Not to worry, get her examined by her Gynecologist so that she can examine her and suggest few tests like,

1.) Bloodwork.
2.) Urine Culture.
3.) Ultrasound scan (If necessary).

Once the culture report comes she will be treated with appropriate Antibiotics, which she will have to take for a week to 10 days as advised by her doctor.

Let her follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Drink plenty of water.
2.) Avoid coffee and soft drinks, which may irritate the bladder.
3.) Apply a warm heating pad to lower abdomen to minimize bladder pressure or discomfort.
4.) Stick to her treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.