Pain in the lower abdomen close to pelvic bone, hurts when pressed. Advise and treatment?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I am 24 year old Male, I have some pain in my lower abdominal region very close to my left pelvic bone (on the front side). It a very small area ( size of a thumb) that hurts when I press it or when I run. The pain started around 3 days ago and is still the hasn't grown nor decreased. There is no swelling, the digestion is all good.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for query.

Before arriving at some conclusion I shall have to ask some questions from you.
Did you suffer any injury?
Are there any associated urinary complaints?
Did you stretch your muscles?
Did the pain occur after lifting some heavy weight?
Is there any nausea or vomiting?
Please supply this information to enable me to answer your query.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Pain in the lower abdomen close to pelvic bone, hurts when pressed. Advise and treatment? 2 hours later
Thank you for the quick response!

No, I did not suffer any injury.

No, there are no urinary complaints.

I did go the gym regularly till the pain started. I did lift weight in the gym.

No, there is no nausea or vomiting

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 57 minutes later

Thanks for providing the additional details.

Based on the details provided, the pain is probably due ‘muscle pull’. Another possibility that needs consideration is hernia.

The following measures will help you:
1) Take oral analgesics such as advil 200mg twice a day after food for 2-3 days. Advil contains ibuprofen which is available over the counter. You can use it if you are not allergic to it.
2) Try hot fomentation locally on the affected region.
3) Topical muscles relaxant such as diclofenac ointment / spray can be tried
4) Adequate rest and do not lift weight for a few days.

I hope everything shall be alright soon. If the symptoms persist or worsen, do not hesitate to see your doctor for focal examination.

Hope my answer is helpful. Should you have any additional concerns, feel free to post your queries here. I will be available to address them.

With regards