Pain in the eye and head, twitching of the eye. Treatment?

hi my rigth eye hurts and the eyelid twitches and my head hurts in the rigth side to. what can it be
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later

From the description that you have given, your symptoms can be caused by cluster headache, migraine and refractive errors.

As I believe that more information can help a physician arrive at an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions
a. Have you had similar symptoms before?
b. Is your left eye red and watery?
c. Do you have any associated blurring of vision?
d. Have you been under tremendous stress recently?

Till then, you can try Tablet Aspirin 325 mg every 6 hours with meals for 2-3 days.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Pain in the eye and head, twitching of the eye. Treatment? 11 hours later
i had a similar pain like a month ag it was horible pain in the same rigth eye it made me my left eye its not red but they both get a little watery when it hurts,i dont have any assosiated blurry vision but there is sometimes like if i had something in my eyes that keep me from seeing.i havent been under stress recently but my kids make me scream and give a hard time they dont listen and gets me upset yes.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 8 hours later

From your description, you are probably suffering from cluster headache. You can try taking Tablet Aspirin 325 mg every 6 hours with meals for 3-4 days. The following triggers have been found to precipitate attacks and thus should be avoided:

•     Alcohol and cigarette smoking
•     High altitudes (trekking, air travel)
•     Bright light (including sunlight)
•     Exertion
•     Heat (hot weather, hot baths)
•     Foods high in nitrites (such as bacon and preserved meats)
•     Certain medications
•     Cocaine

There are several therapies available for prevention of these attacks. This includes verapamil and prednisone. However, these are prescription drugs and can be obtained after you consult your treating physician.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if there are no further queries.