Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain in testicle and reddish hue in stool. Intermittent kidney pain. What could it be?

Jun 2015

Hi I'm a 22 year old male. Lately I've had pain in my testicles although primarily my left one. As of yesterday I've had what appears to be a reddish hue to my stool which I can only assume is blood. I've had pain on and off in my kidneys, but mostly in the morning for some time. What might it be?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Left varicocele secondary to kidney pathology

Detailed Answer:

Testicular pain associated with kidney pain is an indicator of Varicocele (dilation of plexus of veins in the testis) secondary to kidney pathology.
The vein from left side of testis drains into the vein of the kidney at right angles.
So, if there is any pathology in the kidney, there is increased in pressure in the renal veins which is transmitted to the testicular veins, resulting in dilatation of veins & pain in left testis.
Also, transmission of venous pressure to the rectal veins result in their dilatation & rupture, resulting in blood in stool (the symptoms as mentioned in your post)

Though symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of analgesics & anti spasmodics like Dicyclomine preparation (to be taken after food), the underlying cause needs to be treated.

Investigation like X XXXXXXX KUB (Kidney, Ureter & Bladder), Ultrasound scan of Abdomen & Pelvis (to detect the renal pathology) & Ultrasound Scan of the scrotum with colour doppler study will be helpful in detecting any problem in the structures present in that area, including any abnormality in the blood vessels (varicocele) or fluid accumulation (hydrocele).

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Wishing you a good health.