Pain in stomach after injury, loss of appetite, fatigue. Is it normal?

My daughter said she was hit in the stomach two days ago. She has minimal appetite, complained her stomach hurts, and was very tired. Are these normal side effects? What else should I look out for? She is 3 years old.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 21 minutes later

I am sorry to hear that a young child was hit but it depends on the impact of the inury and how was she hit.

A hit with a force can cause XXXXXXX injury to the chest or abdomen.Since even after two days she is complaining of stomach pain and tiredness it can be an indication of any mucle pull or slight injury.

If she has other symptoms as bulging belly,tender abdomen to touch,increased respiration then visit a ER soon.

It is best to visit your Healthcare Provider once as a Physical examination and evaluation of the child will help in ruling out the cause.

Hope this answers your query.I will be vailable for follow up query if any.