Pain in shoulders, arms, legs. Bruised feeling. Chesty cough. Causes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am in pain all over - it came quite quickly with painful shoulders, now my arms, hands legs hurt - feels bruised and cant lie on my side at night. I am normally quite healthy but have had a chesty cough for 4 weeks, but cant think this has anything to do with these symptoms.
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Generalized body pains and aches can be due to a post viral infection syndrome. Such pains are usually seen after a viral infection and are self limiting in nature. Mild pain killers will take care of your symptoms and the symptoms will subside in 4-6 weeks.
The other causes can be vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.

In case the symptoms are persistent and do not improve, I suggest you to consult an endocrinologist and get prescribed vitamin D and magnesium supplements. Your symptoms should improve with that. Also eat magnesium XXXXXXX foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach etc which are natural sources of magnesium.

Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D. But these should be taken only after getting your vitamin D levels checked.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.