Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain in penis when urinating, drank alcohol, had unprotected sex. Serious?

Nephrologist
Question
hello my penis hurts when i pee but not a lot.also when i drink a lot of water durinmg the day it doesnt hurt anymore.it hurts more when i wake up.this summer i drinked a lot of alcoho and sometimes not good quality.l i dont know if that matter.and also had unprotected sex with a girl that i knwow for a long time and we still speak and she havent tell me anything so i dont think is from her.i dont feel like itssomething serius just this little pain doent go away
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 21 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I need a little more information in order to help you better

1. Does it pain more on erection or does it pain when it is not erect as well?
2. Is it tender to touch?
3. What is the type of pain? Sharp pricking type or dull aching type? From how long has it been paining?
4. Any discharge from the penis?
5. Any history of fever?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Pain in penis when urinating, drank alcohol, had unprotected sex. Serious? 26 hours later
1)it pains the same on erection and when it s not errect.but it doesnt hurt when i pee it hurts a few seconds later.2)when i touch it is normal as it was.the type of pain is dificult to discribe,few second after i pee it hurts a little inside the penis.it has been about 2 weeks now.if it wasnt every day i wouldnt have notice it.no i dont have any dicharge from the penis and not any history or fever.but the strange thing is that when i drink a lot of water it doent hurt at all.and also when i have an errection and ejaculate everything is normal.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the detailed reply

It looks like you are suffering from urethritis. I would like you to approach a urologist for a urethroscopy to rule out any obstruction.

For now I advise you to take antibiotics like levofloxacin and a urine alkaliniser like syp citraalka to care of the burning please approach your family doctor for a prescription
I hope I was of help

Follow-up: Pain in penis when urinating, drank alcohol, had unprotected sex. Serious? 8 hours later
is it something dangerous?

Hello

No it's not XXXXXXX if you receive adequate treatment in time. It's a common problem we see in our daily practice. Please seek help as soon as possible