Pain in mid back, under my armpit. Feels like bee sting

I have this sharp surface pain, left side, mid back, under my arm pit.... that is not XXXXXXX in the muscle or ribs, but more I'm being stung by a bee....just started today. But with my history, I freak out about anything!
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
The kind of pain you have described appears to be superficial.Its probably not visceral pain.It could be muscle pain,or neurological also.The differentiation can be made with a complete examination.You should get an xray of the cervical spine,shoulder joint.
Entrapment of a nerve could also cause a stinging pain.Lastly, possibility of a recurrence also needs to be ruled out. Bets way to do that is to get an examination,and a mammogram. Having said that,this is more likely a superficial nerve/muscle related pain. Palpable lymph nodes in the axillary region can also cause some discomfort.I suggest you see your doctor and get a recurrence ruled out.
Follow-up: Pain in mid back, under my armpit. Feels like bee sting 33 minutes later
Thank you, I'm sure it is nothing....It is located not in the Axillary's just my back. My breast were removed and I had radiation. I was just in last month and my tumor marker was in normal range.....If it continues thru the weekend I will make an appt. Thanks again! At least I can enjoy the rest of my weekend!
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 hours later
Apply hot fomentation if the pain persists. You can also apply a muscle relaxant before you apply fomentation. Have a good weekend.