Pain in lower pelvis. Cause of Blackish green bowel movements?

Cause of Blackish green bowel movements with red tinge and increased flatulence and burping
As well as stomach gurgling - pain on lower right side above pelvis and associated lower back pain
Also decreased urine production - I presume due to alcohol dehydration and other impactors
Recently started reduction of alcohol et al and ingestion of milk thistle seems to be assistive to increased urination
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

You had not mentioned the duration of symptoms and if a doctor's opinion is already taken or not? Are you on any medications?

I could think of the following conditions in your case:
1) Alcoholic Hepatitis
2) Gall stones
3) Malabsorption syndrome

I suggest you to XXXXXXX a local GP for a complete diagnosis after investigation. You require some blood tests and urine tests along with Ultrasound of the abdomen. It is better not to waste time and head towards doctor's appointment.

IT is a good move to reduce the consumption of alcohol realizing the impact, I however recommend complete abstinence.

Let me know if you have further concerns.