Pain in lower abdomen and back. Feeling heartburn, sleeplessness and dizzy. Am I pregnant?

Mar 2016

hi, i generally get pain on my lower abdominal at the time of ovulation, this time, my periods due date is 31st jan’13 and we had intercourse on 13th XXXXXXX since that i am getting pain on my lower abdominal and back. Had very bad pain on 16th and that was my ovulation day. since 14th, i can feel the change in taste, smell, pain, sleepless nights though tired,heart burn, passing gas a lot which is unusual to me, body temperature is increasing and decreasing from 97 to 100 degree f, dizzy sometimes. Today is 27th XXXXXXX and pain has been reduced a lot however having cervix mucus alot and tender tits. Am i pregnant? how could i find it and when could be the best earliest time to find out if i am pregnant. i did home test yesterday morning and it was negative. looking for answer, please help!!!
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. S Patra 52 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I have gone through your history and answer your query.

According to expected due date, you ovulate around 16-17th of this month and involved in sexual intercourse on January 13th, which was fertile days or unsafe period. So there is chance of being pregnant. All features seems to more likely correspond with early pregnancy. But you should need to confirm it.

Early pregnancy test may give false negative result due to low level of beta hCG hormone. As you got previous one negative test, then it is advisable to repeat the test again after your missed period.

Most of urine pregnancy tests will give accurate results if you test around your period due date or about two weeks after ovulation.

Home pregnancy test (HPT) with urine give 95% positive result around missed period time and 95-99% positive result is achieved after 7 days of due date.

For confirmation of pregnancy, one blood test for beta hCG and ultrasound scan (USG) is essential if you got negative test with missed period.

Do some basic things in this context:
1) Avoid stress by yoga/deep breathing regularly (20-30 times).
2) Take healthy diet with avoidance of fatty or salty food stuff
3) Drink plenty of fluids/water and eat leafy vegetables & fresh fruits.
4) Maintain personal hygiene and need proper sleeping.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Pain in lower abdomen and back. Feeling heartburn, sleeplessness and dizzy. Am I pregnant? 14 minutes later
Thanks for quick reply!!! I do smoke around 6-8 cigarettes (mild) in a day, can this harm me if i have been conceived this time. Does smoking really impact mother and baby's health during pregnancy? Also I am feeling little hard while breathing nowadays? Is this also a one of the signs or symptoms of pregnancy? As pain has been reduced a lot now (from last 3 days), what does it indicates?

Thanks a lot and would appreciate for quick and accurate reply.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 51 minutes later

Thanks for follow up query.

Yes, smoking can cause harmful effect in concurrent pregnancy. It is associated with miscarriage in early pregnancy and intrauterine growth retardation of fetus, preterm delivery, pregnancy induced hypertension etc in later months.

No, hard breathing is not a sign of early pregnancy and it may be associated with smoking related problem.

Lower abdominal pain occurred due to uterine contraction in post ovulation period and chance of implantation is high enough. It is quite normal thing. Though you should confirm pregnancy.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Take care of yourself.

Dr Soumen