Pain in lower abdomen after having unprotected sex. Took cipro and having swollen lymph nodes in groin area. Any suggestion?

Hi, I have had Pain or pressure in your lower abdomen for about two weeks after having unprotected sex. I went to doctor and he gave me 5 days of cipro 250mg. It has been a week since I finished cipro 5 day corse and I still feel like swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. Now I am trying home remedies to boost my immune system and hopefully start feeling 100% again. Do you have any other suggestions? Should I take another round of cipro to knock it out 100%? or just keep doing what I'm doing now?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can go for FNAC if node persists Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. It seemed that you got infection. Taking cipro was a good choice. 5 days course is ok but can be extended for 2-3 days. Since you said that you developed lymph node in groin area, one suggestion can be going for fine needle aspiration cytology test, where a needle is put in that node and aspirate is subjected for pathology examination. If the node has regressed, don't go for the test, but if it is persisting it will be a fair choice..... If everything is fine....just chill this time but beware of unprotected sex next time.. Best wishes