Pain in leg, ankle and foot. Had arthroscopic hip surgeries. What can I do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had two arthroscopic hip surgeries. One was December 2011 on the right side, the other was one the left side in Feb 2011I had labral tears on each side. I am 18 years old and since my recovery I was told my glutes weren't firing which was causing stress on my shins. I ended up giving myself a stress fracture on my left XXXXXXX I went to therapy and my glutes are strong and firing. I am a D1 athlete and want to return to my sport but I am still have XXXXXXX pain. I get random pains down the fronts on both legs on both sides. Sometimes the pain goes into my ankle and foot. I have been put on a walking program before I can start jogging but I am having the XXXXXXX pain with that. I don't know what else to do or what is causing my XXXXXXX pain when my glutes are strong and firing.
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The XXXXXXX pain that you are having could be due to the stress fracture you had. Also, you need to get your blood calcium and vitamin D3 levels checked. The nutritional deficiencies can also lead to such bone pains.
You need to continue with your walking program. These pains will gradually reduce. A physical examination by an orthopedician will be helpful in detecting the exact cause.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Pain in leg, ankle and foot. Had arthroscopic hip surgeries. What can I do? 2 hours later
Thank you very much that does help. Also I have knots on the fronts of my XXXXXXX bones, is it ok if I roll on them with a foam roller?
Thanks for writing again.
The knots in front of XXXXXXX bone are likely to be soft tissue swellings. You can use a foam roller on them.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.